Thursday, September 25, 2014

Lessons in Final Frontier Survival: Earthquakes

Did ya feel the earth quakin? Well I did at 9:50 this morning. I was sitting at my desk attempting to organize all my doc and plans when all of a sudden, I heard a rumbling and noticed that the room was moving. For a second, I thought I was having a massive stroke, but then I realized that it was an EARTHQUAKE. It was LONG too. The IT guy (his room is right off of my speech office) and I looked it up online, and the quake was 6.1 on the Richter scale and the origin was about 30 miles away from us. It was pretty wild. Anyways, everything else has been going really well. The staff and the kids at the school I'm at are fabulous. Everyone is super friendly. I've been getting my coffee every morning at this cute little coffee hut on my way to work, and the coffee is UNREAL. It's on the expensive side so I'm going to buy a Keurig in Anchorage this weekend. Here are some pictures of the inside of my cabin. Upstairs in the loft, there are two beds. My bedroom is on the bottom floor off the main living area. It's pretty awesome. I have a fabulous view of the mountains out my picture window. I'm still not sure yet what I'm doing this weekend. I'm thinking of making a trip up to Denali to get weird with some wildlife.

1 comment: