Sunday, December 7, 2014

Viva Alaska

Hey y'all! Sorry I've been neglecting the blog. Things have been super busy. I went home for Thanksgiving and surprised my parents. It was nice to spend Thanksgiving with my family. I'm coming home again for Christmas break (I leave AK the 19th and land the 20th). I'm super excited to see all my friends and family again. Anyways, things have been going awesome up here. I LOVE IT!!! I've been letting my inner Grammy loose and going to lots of craft fairs. I can't get over how talented people are. I'm a sucker for stained glass and ornaments. Last week, it snowed Monday and Tuesday. Road maintenance is AWFUL here..the plows suck, and they will sand/put gravel down. When I was driving home from the airport last Sunday, all of the roads in Anchorage were covered in snow. I don't mind driving in the snow, but all of the trucks up here have the bright halogen lights which makes it wicked hard to see the road. So basically, I'm driving blind on awful roads...with the possibility of moose running out at any time. It's a good time! School has been good but crazy...lots and lots of IEP meetings. Lots of people have been asking me where I'm going to go after this contract is up. The answer is I don't know. I'm going home for a month or so this summer, but I don't know what the plan is after that. And honestly, I've never been happier. I really do love it up here. I'm excited to go ice fishing, snow shoeing, and snow machining this winter. My brother and his best friend are coming back with me when I go home after Christmas vacation and they are staying for a week. I'm wicked excited to have them up here, and I've already started planning awesome stuff for us to do. I'm seeing a lot more moose than when I first came up here..I see one at least every 2-3 days. It's pretty awesome. If any of y'all want to come up and visit, let me know! I have a loft with two twin beds and I'd be more than happy to have guests. Right now, the sun is rising around 10ish and sets around 3:45 but the darkness isn't too bad anymore. I think having Christmas break is the light at the end of the tunnel that is making the darkness tolerable. It hasn't been too cold..just hanging out in the 20's and low 30's. I'm going to try my best to keep up with the blog. I'm sorry again for the long break. Miss everyone like crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment