Tuesday, December 16, 2014

My new best friend..

So I have a new best friend. It's a lynx! I got home from book club on Friday night and my motion sensor light outside the cabin was on. So I was a little freaked out..it sometimes goes on when it is windy, but it was not windy. So I booked it inside the house and looked out the window. Then I saw something creeping out from the bushes..it was a house cat on steroids..aka a lynx. Lynx are super rare around here, but we do have them. Now I really need to get a gun because I'm not going to call out of work because I got bit by a lynx. If you know me, you know that the weirdest/most bizarre things happen to me. This past weekend I went to Colony Christmas which is a Christmas celebration in Palmer. My friends and I went to lunch, a couple of craft fairs (I'm such a Riley), and did a brew meets canvas thing at a local brewery. The painting things that I've been to back home have had an instructor teaching you how to paint a certain painting. Well, this woman told us to get in touch with our inner creativity and to paint whatever we wanted. I have the art skills of a monkey and was not impressed. The woman who was leading the program described it as the "most profanity laced painting session" that she had ever experienced. I have the mouth of a sailor and I'm not afraid to admit it. My painting looks like someone put paint in their mouth and spit it all over the canvas. In the words of one of my favorite patients at NRH "whatever whatever okay". We are supposed to get snow tonight..who knows if that will happen. Everyone keeps saying that it's been a very weird winter. I'll take it. I leave in 3 days to go home for three weeks and I'm so excited!!!! My brother, Trevor, and his best friend, Josh, are going to be coming back with me and staying for a week and a half after vacation. I'm beyond excited for them to come out here and experience this craziness. I'll be making a guest appearance at NRH to see everyone so my Northeast families...let me know when you're going to be there! I miss all my kids so much. Also, Spaulding friends..I definitely want to come in and visit..maybe even potentially work. I'm so lucky to have had 2 amazing groups of co-workers. See y'all soon!! Lots of love, B

No comments:

Post a Comment