Sunday, January 25, 2015

Winter in Wasilla

Hello hello hello! Long time no update so it here it goes...I spent Christmas vacation at home in Massachusetts. It was great to see both friends and family. It was a little hard to come back, but once I got into the swing of things, I was fine. My brother and his best friend came back with me and stayed for a week. On the first day, we went to Talkeetna to see Denali and explore. We went on a short hike on the Susitna River, but it was freezing..6 degrees that week. They took day trips while I worked that week. On Friday I came down with a "fever" that could only be cured by going to Alyeska in Girdwood which is south of Anchorage. We drove along the beautiful Turnagin Arm (seriously, one of the most gorgeous drives ever) to the little town of Girdwood which sits in the shadow of Alyeska..which a is mountain with a big resort at its base. After a day of snowboarding, we went to dinner at Seven Glaciers which is a Triple A four diamond rated restaurant at the top of the mountain. You have to take a short tram ride to the top, and for those of you who know me really well, I have a ridiculous fear of heights. I did stop having a panic attack long enough in the tram to enjoy the beautiful view. Our dinner was phenomenal...the best thing I've ever eaten. I had filet mignon over seasonal veggies with asiago risotto. Dessert was beignets with a chocolate sauce. After spending the night at the resort, we went to Anchorage to watch the Pats vs. Ravens game at the Peanut Farm (a local bar). There were other Pats fans there which was pretty awesome. It was hard to say goodbye when they left. I've been busy getting back into the swing of things at work, and it's been pretty crazy with lots of meetings. I feel like everyone is up for a 3 yr re-eval or their annual IEP is due. It stresses me out to right goals which are in effect for a year. I want to make sure the kids are getting the best therapy possible. We've gotten about 5 inches of snow since Thursday night. The meteorologists up here are ridiculous..they forecasted 2-11 inches of snow for Friday night. It's like the Price is Right for weather forecasts. The road maintenance still sucks, and the drive out to one of my schools feels like I'm driving straight to my grave. The road that the school is off of is called Knik-Goose Bay (KGB), and for those of you who are avid Alaska State Trooper fans, the troopers are always going to calls off of KGB. It's always a death defying drive on KGB. For those of you who don't know, I plan on staying AK through the summer. I will be coming home for some weddings and vacation time :) As for my summer plans up here, I'm not sure. Hope y'all enjoyed my update! Lots of love, B

No comments:

Post a Comment